<VV> Low Riders

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Wed Mar 20 20:16:21 EDT 2013

You are right, Matt.  (beauty in the eye of the beholder)..  It's  just
that my "eye" STARTS with 1930's French custom body builders like Figoni et
Falaschi, Italian artisans like Scaglietti & Zagato, Brits like Malcolm  Sayer
(Jag E-Type), Gordon Buehrig's incredible work in the 1930's on the
greatest cars of America, and even Harley Earl & Bill Mitchell with  GM.  One only
has to go to any local weekend car show to see masses of ugly
"personalized" autos.  And in most cases, the owner has lowered the value  of the car.

Actually, it's more the gaudy - "look-at-me" paint jobs that I find
tasteless.  So you see, some like 'em, some don't, and since this is still  (maybe
not for long) free America, I reserve my right to throw my 2 cents worth
in the ring.  I also don't see any reason to make a car hop like a giant
Pogo Stick.

To confirm that I am not just a leave-'em-stock kind of guy, I am - right
now, working on a custom Corvair.  The only difference is that it is
tasteful, performance oriented, and will be appreciated by those who know the
history of racing.

I'm pretty sure that I will never go out of my way to be "P C" - on  any
subject.

Joe Dunlap