<VV> early Monza bench Seat

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Thu Mar 21 02:42:26 EDT 2013

At 12:22 PM 2/27/2013, Mark Durham wrote:
>Tony, how about a picture? I vasilated back and forth last year on
>doing my 62 coupe interior, and finally decided to do my seats all in
>vinyl like it came, however I would like to see one! Mark Durham
>
>To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
>Subject: <VV> early Monza bench Seat
>
>A while back, there was a brief bit of commentary about early Monzas
>that had bench seats.  I kinda stumbled into a slight discovery about
>a '61 Monza seat that I put in my '60 4-door to have something to
>occupy space up front while its seats get restored at an upholstery
>shop here in town

OK, it's a month late... but the '60 upholstery is all done and in
the car (except for the door panels) but still will come back out for
interior painting when the weather warms up.   The '61 Monza bench
seat w/cloth inserts came back out of the car and is now at the
upholstery shop with the guy who did my '60 seats.  He says he can
reproduce/restore the seat so I dropped it off.

Before he strips it to restore it, I took some photos, seeing as how
someone asked to see a pic of what the seat looks like.  So, if
anyone is interested:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59334855@N00/8576451848/in/photostream/

tony..