<VV> Front strut rod bushings

Jon Woolf jon at jonwoolf.com
Sat Mar 23 00:50:34 EDT 2013

OK, so I've searched the archives...

I need to replace the strut rod bushings on my EM front end.   The nuts
are TIGHT!!   We had her up on a hoist today, hosed it with penetrant,
put a bigass wrench with cheater bar on it... and saw the actual rod
start to twist....   we quit.

Now, I'm going to have to do this on the garage floor, no clearance for
big stuff there.   They are way close to the gas tank, so I'm a bit
leery about putting a torch on them.   If I cut the nuts with my Dremel,
I'll probably wreck the threads.   Should I just cut the rods and go
hunt for a used pair?