<VV> synthetic oil

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Sat Mar 23 12:43:36 EDT 2013

If when you do drive it you run it long enough to get the oil up to full temp for 15 minutes then I would change it around 3000 miles no matter how many years pass.  I think that the time component of suggested oil changes comes from the assumption that people that go a long time without accumulating very many miles drive short distances and never get the oil hot enough to burn off moisture and raw fuel.  Most people don't pay much attention to the current suggested oil changes let alone a spec that requires them to read and comprehend something.
Full temp oil?  That must mean when it's over 80 degrees outside...
Joel McGregor