<VV> Front strut rod bushings

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun Mar 24 07:44:58 EDT 2013

You mentioned having the car on a hoist.

I used my hoist to loosen mine last time I did a set.

Place the wrench on the nut, and lower the car using the weight of the car
to break loose the nut.

One of 4 things can happen.

1. The wrench breaks. (Snap on wrench with warranty)
2. The strut rod breaks. (I doubt it, but if it does you needed a new one
anyways.)
3. The nut comes off..........done!
4. If the full weight of the car rests on the nut and still does not come
loose. Remove the gas tank and get out the torch.

Gary Swiatowy