<VV> Oily Exhaust....

Jeff Wilson jwilson at unctv.org
Sun Mar 24 17:12:14 EDT 2013

Eek- I started up my rarely-driven 65, engine was running
kinda rough, and the pass side exhaust only (I have duals)
seemed to be smoking quite a bit.

Just for a test I tried holding my hand behind each exhaust
pipe.

Drivers side exhaust was decidedly warmer- leading me to
suspect one of more cylinders on the pass side were not firing.

The worse news- my hand was covered with oil after just a few
seconds behind the mis-firing pass exhaust.

What would cause so much oil in the exhaust?
Bad ring(s)?  Could that be fouling a plug?
Would just running the engine longer/more 'free up' the rings?

CJ Wilson