<VV> Bueaty (was: Items which people discuss)

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Mar 26 12:08:25 EDT 2013

On 3/26/2013 11:53 AM, Shelrockbored at aol.com wrote:

> Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  But a car is to be driven.

Many years ago, I bought a new car, a plain-jane "stripper" model that
was utterly bland-looking.  I wouldn't even let the dealer install a
factory-provided trim strip that was meant to jazz up the appearance
slightly.

But it was a quality-built car which had all the features I desired:
Smooth engine, 5-speed stick, comfortable interior with A/C, stereo,
etc.  I put some even more-bland-looking steel wheels on the car with
better tires, and drove happily throughout the eastern US.

 From time to time, friends and even strangers would ask why I had such
a (1) bland or (2) ugly car.  My reply was that, from behind the wheel I
could not see the car, and, living in suburban New York City, I knew
that my car would be the LAST to get stolen.