<VV> What is safe anyway

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 27 15:46:21 EDT 2013

What is safe anyway?...
I have a good friend who used to work as a vehicle accident investigator. The first thing he says
when making a presentation to groups about auto safety is that his title was as misnomer, because
he can't recall investigating any true "accidents". He explains that they are more accurately
described as "wrecks". He also explains that many of the safety enhancements in newer cars are there
because drivers simply won't do what it takes to drive safely to avoid a wreck. I think about this when
I read about some of our antics and speed and chances we have taken and recall all the now seemingly
crazy things I have done behind the wheel and it makes a lot of sense. There is always someone accountable
in the chain of events that lead to all wrecks regardless of their intention.
Grant