<VV> FINE particles my input?

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sat Mar 30 05:16:44 EDT 2013

I have have run Deves rings , and Hastings Iron rings in many motors with
no problems. I imagine they are broke in before the motor is put in the
vehicle.  I run all motors at least one hour on the hydraulic table I build them
on. All  adjustments and tweaking are done and ready to go. I then drive
them a few  hundred miles on a day trip or two , then  change the oil and look
 them over.
I also put very strong magnets from junk hard drives in all of my motors ,
transmissions , and differentials to catch any fine break in particles. I
also  use magnetic drain plugs as sort of an indicator if too much going on
in the  wear dept.
one magnet on inside of each valve cover , one on the oil pump screen
shield in the little recess. on top cover of differential , in pan of
powerglides. I do not have any 4 speeds . a recheck on a couple shows the magnet
grabbing VERY fine "mud" in each case. I bet it helps?
A guy could also put a magnet that strong on the outside of an oil filter
to help also.
Regards, Tim Colson
A few motors etc under my belt.