<VV> IRS

P.H. Raker n556p at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 30 10:09:42 EDT 2013

Ray & Matt,
     You are both correct.  ALL Corvairs have four-wheel independent suspension.  As Matt says, the swingaxle is "a different type of IRS" from that used on the LMs, but it is, nevertheless, an IRS.  The rear wheels of EMs DO act independently.  Any suspension engineer worth his 2cents will confirm this.  Most writers/ columnists/etc. are not suspension engineers.

Phil Raker
'65 Corsa Cpe - 140/4
'63 Greenbrier - 110/4