<VV> Iron OXIDE

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Sun Mar 31 17:05:59 EDT 2013

I am wondering how much Iron OXIDE , not fuzz iron micro wear particles ,
would be in a normal motor?
I have removed valve covers with magnets in them , that had a ball of gray
(not brown?) "fuzz" particles on them. I feel that any of this stuff
removed from a motor is helping bearing life. Same with Differentials.
 A hard drive magnet is stronger than most of you guys can picture. I  have
never seen one come off where I put them.
A small hard drive magnet chip will hold heavy tools to the shelf or tool
box. They hold a full size microphone out of the way in the car , never
dropping  it. Tons of uses around the shop. They hold the chuck on the drill
press etc etc  etc.
I have one in my parts washer pump also.
Regards. Tim Colson