<VV> carb leak

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu May 9 17:04:41 EDT 2013

What could/would cause fuel to leak out of one of the primary carbs down
near the throttle shaft (on the side the linkage rod hooks up)?  I found
fuel dripping from the drivers side primary at that location after today's
test drive.  The carb is not wet any higher, as near as I can tell the fuel
is leaking out right near the bottom of the carb.

I'm running stock points and coil now and the ignition system seems ok.
 The car is running great at low RPM and then gets uneven and weak at
higher rpm.

Thanks,

Ray R.