<VV> FS: Price Reduction - 1964 Monza Convertible - $4500 OBO - Baltimore, MD

Tom Hughes corvairdad at gmail.com
Thu May 9 16:39:18 EDT 2013

>From my Craigslist ad.

This car is ready for cruising. It's a reliable daily-driver, but I need to
move on to other projects. I got this car about ten years ago. It had been
parked in a garage since the mid-70s and only had 49,000 miles on the
odometer. My eldest daughter and I did a mild restoration on it and it
became her daily driver until she got married and moved away.

Everything works. The car is ready to drive anywhere top up or down. Its
102 HP engine starts easily and runs reliably returning over 20 mpg in
mixed commute driving and touring easily keeping up with highway traffic.
The Powerglide automatic shifts positively. It's got an aftermarket stereo
(CD, MP3, and Aux jack). This car still has all its original sheetmetal
except for the replaced front valance, dog legs, and door corners (all were
welded-in).

There is some bubbling of the silver paint in a few spots, but nothing
structural. There are also some mars reflecting its daily-driver status.

Items replaced or refreshed include:
Engine: New pistons, cylinders, rings, bearings, gaskets, seals, o-rings,
fuel pump; rebuilt carburetors.
Brakes: New brake-lines, master cylinder, shoes.
Interior: New carpet, convertible top, well cover, front seat upholstery;
repaired rear seat upholstery, some weatherstripping.
Exterior: Stripped to bare metal, epoxy primed, minimal patches welded in,
high-build primer, basecoat, clearcoat.
Other: New speedometer cable, fuel lines, and heater hoses; cleaned and
coated gas tank; cleaned and regreased all bearings.

Many hi-res photos are found at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/93079458@N08/sets/72157633253426788/. More
photos can be taken upon request.

Please reply off-list. Call me if you want at 443-five-one-nine-3056
--
Tom in Baltimore
corvairfleet.blogspot.com