<VV> Removing diesel smell from tennis shoes - Still OT

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Sun May 12 08:44:07 EDT 2013

Won't hydrogen peroxide tend to pull color out also?
I would think a soak in any mild soap/dishwashing detergent should dissolve the diesel.

Carpet Cleaning  -  I recently had someone get black oil based wood stain on my carpet and let it dry a couple of days.  They gave me a bottle of Zep carpet cleaner and it actually removed it!
We had a really nasty renter last year and hired someone to do a dry chemical cleaning on the carpet.  It worked a lot better than the steam cleaner companies and cost less.  I would give a carpet cleaning company a call if Zep doesn't work.  If it was enough to soak through I can't see how anyone will be able to get it out.
Joel McGregor