<VV> LED lights for the rear.

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu May 16 00:02:10 EDT 2013

Mike
If you don't care about how much light you want, it is not a problem. The
design of the socket aims the LED at an angle so that limits the output.
There  is no good easy, simple, cheap solution.  I was never able to get the
Southern California company to come up with a reasonable price on a plug in
lens/LED, but this new design is close. Cost is about $55 in parts and a
bit of work on your part. But it is bright - 24 LEDs aimed straight to the
rear at the stock lens. I installed one on a car and we experimented with the
brake lights. The LED side definitely came on sooner than the incandescent
side.  It might save your butt if someone was following too close. It is
also much  brighter, in both taillight and turn signal mode. I am working on a
tech article  to show "How to do it".  Drop me an E-mail directly and I will
send you a  couple of photos on a set-up that works great and looks stock
from the outside.  PS - the first thing you will need is an extra pair of
tail light housings.  The big metal piece that the lens screws onto. Clean them
up well and pick up a  set of the appropriate gaskets for the housing to
body and the lens to housing  from Clarks. (That cost in not included in my
$55 estimate)

- Seth Emerson

In a message dated 5/15/2013 6:08:11 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,