<VV> LED Lights One More Word

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri May 17 00:04:17 EDT 2013

Smitty Says;  I think it has all been pretty well said about LEDs, their
advantages and limitations.  From experience I would like to add the stock
tail and brake lights do a pretty good job if you give them a fair shake.
You can't get a proper light out of them with filthy lenses inside.  Most
can benefit from a good scrubbing.  Same can be said for a poor circuit.  If
the 1157 is dim then the LED is going to be dim.  A large improvement can be
made by scrubbing the inside of the housing and painting it white.  White
reflects more light than the anodized reflector can.  Do just one and then
stand behind the car.  I think you will agree with me.
I realize if you want LEDs then nothing else is going to satisfy you.