<VV> LED's

Jason Cesana jacesana1 at verizon.net
Fri May 17 13:42:29 EDT 2013

I'm going to chime in which I usually do not do. On my "new" 64 I noticed that the right side taillight was not centered with the beauty ring. I assumed it may not be a Corvair lens. However today I took it apart to put a new lens in and found it was indeed a Corvair lens but it had melted. The car has no signs of ever having a fire so I can only surmise that the light bob may have been a high powered one and may have melted the lens. Luckily for me the early model has the bulb facing outward not upward so finding a plug and play bulb was easy. I used the 1157R led replacement and it looks fine. I will change the front directionals as well to cut down on some of the power drain. My own opinions of course.
Drive the Vair!!!

Jason Cesana
Sent from my iPhone