<VV> Late Model Fuel Pumps

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun May 19 21:23:19 EDT 2013

Rich, if the pump is old and has been sitting, replace it. Its a small
cost. But there is no reason why you cannot try it, if you choose. It
could leak at the diaphram or down past the shaft seal. Leaking past
the diaphram is readily evident when the engine is running. The other
will thin out the oil and so you would need to watch the oil level
frequently.

When I bought my present Corvair, I drove it 150 miles home and while
the fuel pump was dry when I bought the car, 50 miles down the road it
started to leak at the diaphrams and I just tightened the screws and
drove it home. but when I took the top off, the diaphrams were cracked
with age. Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone