<VV> headlight ?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon May 27 12:34:09 EDT 2013

The H5001 is the low beam that fits all Corvairs.

The H5006 is the high beam that fits all Corvairs.

These are Halogen replacements for the original incandescent sealed
beams, and they work great.

The low beam fits in the outer buckets, the high beams fit the inner
buckets.

The buckets are different, so high and low beams are not installed in
the wrong location, and the buckets are different right to left, due to
adjuster locations.

Maybe someone mixed up the buckets and trim rings. Try different
combinations.

Probably too late now, but the easiest way to replace the sealed beams
is to make a hook from a heavy coat hanger, pull the spring towards you,
and slip the bucket out of the adjuster screws. Then disassemble the
bucket/lamp/trim ring as a unit and reassemble. Slip the unit back into
the two adjusting screws and then pull the spring towards you to snap
into the trim ring. Much easier than removing the trim ring screws first!

Frank DuVal