<VV> Parade help for a late model Vert.

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Thu May 30 09:06:44 EDT 2013

George:
> I had a friend who had the honor of transporting a couple
> of high school beauty queens in a parade with his 61 Lincoln 4-door
> convertible. He also had the honor of replacing the original upholstery
> because they failed to remove their spike heels when climbing on and off
> the top.
Wow, that experience can only be from a graduate-level seminar at the
College of Hard Knocks.   I would be the kind of dope who was admiring
the pretty girls and never thinking about their killer stiletto
heels...so I thank you for sharing.

As far as sitting on the convertible top (assuming the boot is in
place), I have four daughters and live in a small town and, when they
were younger, they would ride up there every time they could. My 3rd
daughter, in particular, prided herself on her "Queen's Wave" ... to
people out walking their dogs.  It's a great time for all involved, so
basically just enjoy it.

I agree that a Corvair traveling in a parade is basically just idling so
overheating shouldn't be an issue.  A Corvair that overheats while
idling would likely have other issues besides damper doors...

Steven "will finish his last bit of work at the College of Hard Knocks
about 3 minutes before the Grim Reaper shows up" Serenska
Bristol, RI

'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4