<VV> '60 question

Bob and Carol hallgrenn at aol.com
Thu May 30 19:46:19 EDT 2013

...and Mark is an A&E mechanic if I remember correctly...

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G

Mark Durham <62vair at gmail.com> wrote:

Cap'n, I did a similar conversion to my 62-102, to a 64-110. What I did:

I used my original 102 heads, but they had previously been modified to
similar to 110 heads in the chambers.
I got the longer stroke crank, new .030 pistons, rebuilt rods and bored
.030 64 cylinders, new oil pump, a reground Isky 270 cam, new cam gear, and
new lifters. I also added roller rockers with custom lenght push rods.

1. You will have to carve out some of the case material for clearance for
the rod cap at one side of each opposite cylinder hole. I did this with a
rotary file and hand files. Depending on the case, it may not take much,
but I made .050 clearance for the rod caps and at 4,000 miles on the
engine, its been trouble free. There are pictures on the internet of where
to do this, I'll look later today and see if I can find my copy.
2. Use only 64 cylinders. They will need to match the std or oversize of
the pistons in bore diameter. Make sure the pistons are in like new
condition or you may be tearing it apart again soon. Because worn ring
lands will wear out new rings quickly.
3. The rest of the case has no limitations, as everything else is the same.

Mark Durham