<VV> 1961 Lakewood

Jerry Brown air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Fri May 31 08:27:45 EDT 2013

Hi all.  I purchased a 61 Lakewood about 18 years ago and stored it at a friend garage among his Corvairs.  I didn't really check it out to see what I had purchased and we put it on the back burner for future restoration.  Last week We uncovered it to see what we would have to do to restore it.  We found out it is a Lakewood 500 no radio, lighter, 3speed tranny with a early 60 engine, TO1207. Engine bay tag shows WR3109.  I've never seen such a plain Jane corvair.  I plan to restore it to original.  I think I have a couple of V engines near that run date. Will have to check.  I would consider selling the Cave man engine almost complete except for carbs as they are the 61 style.  One question, weren't the wheels painted the same color as the body?   Thought you would like to know about this rare Lakewood.

Jerry Brown
CORSA Eastern Director
62 Spyder
65 CORSA