<VV> Fw: EM ignition switches

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 20:21:23 EDT 2013

I have a replacement switch I bought off eBay. it has an extra accessory
terminal on the back I do not use. They are common with the Corvette, I
think. Many parts like this are.

If you find your switch operable, mine was going bad inside, check the
wiring harness at that red plastic thingy at the firewall. Also, these old
wiring harnesses do not like to carry that much current clear up to the
switch and then back to the starter solenoid forever, but don't mind
carrying just enough to move a relay, so I added Clark's relay kit to the
fenderwell by the hood support and rewired using their instructions. The
car has operated with no problems for three years.

Mark Durham
Hauser Idaho
62 Monza 900 Coupe Red/Red 4 speed.

--