<VV> tire inflation question - generic; could be for Corvair...

Ron ronh at owt.com
Fri Oct 4 14:00:46 EDT 2013

The maximum pressure listed on the tire is the maximum safe pressure and is
analogous to the maximum speed of the car and makes no sense for daily
usage.  The car manufacturer lists the correct pressure for the weight and
design of that particular car.  Certainly the same applies for your Corvair
where if you inflate the tires to the maximum allowable pressure, you have a
vehicle that will handle dangerously.  My Crossfire lists a maximum speed of
149 mph in the owners manual.  That does not suggest that that is the speed
you should be driving it at.
RonH