<VV> Odometer Reading

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri Oct 4 23:41:44 EDT 2013

Smitty Says;  I know from experience having run three Vairs past 100 K miles that the odometer will just keep on trucking with all numbers in alignment.  I also know that the numbers on the wheels were painted on without any kind of primer.  The paint is so fragile it will literally fall off from breathing on it..  Being aware of this I have as carefully as humanly possible reset some wheels to reflect the true mileage of a car when replacing the speedometer due to failure.  I have never been completely successful in doing so without knocking off at least a couple of paint flakes.  Looking for missing paint on the wheels would be a good indication that the mileage has been tampered with.