<VV> gas heater with AC (EM)?

Bill Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Tue Oct 22 18:38:41 EDT 2013

For the most part only the 1960 Corvair cars came with the gas heater; the direct air heater became the standard heater in 1961 with the option to delete it and, for a short while anyway, the option to add a gas heater. It appears that it was very rare for anybody to actually order a gas heater option after 1960.  Although you could still technically put a gas heater in 1962-3 cars, it was not a factory option past 1961 (as evidenced by the removal of hood insulation after 1961).

Air Conditioning was first offered as an option in 1961.  The factory never offered the option of both A/C and gas heater.

Bill Hubbell