<VV> Advice on air compressor specs.

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Oct 23 23:21:36 EDT 2013

Joe - You have conflicting goals. Low money invested vs. Chinese Crap. I
ended up buying a 220Volt two-stage vertical compressor from Harbor freight.
Yeah, The tank might be Chinese. The two cylinder (twin stage) motor has
"made  in USA" on it. The A.O. Smith motor has made in Mexico on it. 175 PSI
80 gallon  tank. I do not know if it still a current model at Harbor Freight.

The most important part is locate it away from your work area. They are
noisy. I have it wired as 220V. I leave the breaker off, and valves to keep it
 isolated. I keep about 150 PSI in it. Tools definitely like higher PSI. If
I  will be needing a bunch of air, I will turn on the breaker and suffer
the noise.  I left the compressor bolted to the shipping pallet, anchored the
pallet to the  corner walls and chained the tank in place for safety. Also,
mount it so you can  open a drain in the bottom of the tank. Mine it tough
to reach and I am lazy  about draining it. If you decide to plumb your new
building area to feed air  around, check with professionals to avoid issues
with water and drainage.

- Seth Emerson

In a message dated 10/23/2013 3:30:37 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,