<VV> FW: 60 Corvair beltline trim width

Ken Clark kcvair at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 29 11:42:19 EDT 2013

From: kcvair at hotmail.com
To: jp0181 at yahoo.com
Subject: RE: <VV> 60 Corvair beltline trim width
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 11:39:28 -0400

Justin-  I'll try to explain what I'm doing to get my trim back on.  I don't know if you have any of the plastic holders you can use or not, but I used all I could.(the 1/2" long ones that push in to the slots)  If you don't have any of them you could probably use the ones like I'm making.  I have enough for my car now.  The trim across the hood is the last.  I haven't put it on yet though.
What I'm doing is using a piece of scrap metal from car door or fender and cut it into strips about he width that goes into the car's trim piece, then drill a hole in the center and put 1/8" small bolt through it.  Then use my wire welder to tack weld it fast.  If it's a little too large to fit into the trim piece I grind it down to fit and bend it slightly to make it fit snug.  I did several of the other trim pieces like that where the old ones broke or had to ground off to get the trim piece off.  Hope you can see by the pictures what I've done.  I think this is what you are looking for.
Ken Clark