<VV> Question about stock '63 turbo boost

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Oct 30 12:56:09 EDT 2013

Hi Glenn,

Up front I'll tell you I'm not a turbo owner, but I've been around Corvairs for "a while".  The consensus is that the stock Corvair turbos (either generation) don't really make boost until you're in third gear.  If you've got a really good car and the conditions are just right, maybe top of second, but generally this is a mid way through third and fourth gear deal.  It is possible to modify the car to get boost sooner, but I'll leave that discussion to the turbo experts.

--Bryan