<VV> Question about stock '63 turbo boost

Les H corvair at mymts.net
Wed Oct 30 12:09:09 EDT 2013

If your turbo gauge is only going to "0" then you either have a bad/disconnected gauge or you are not actually making any boost!

Les
------

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 10:51:24 -0400
From: "G Monrad" <mgparts at comcast.net>
Subject: <VV> Question about stock '63 turbo boost
To: <VirtualVairs at corvair.org>

Does anyone know how many PSI boost the stock '63 turbo provided?

The reason for the question is that I also have a Porsche 944 Turbo, and
know what to expect as turbo boost kicks in (and the "Bar" meter approaches
1.0).  With the Corvair, I don't get the same perception of enhanced
horsepower/torque from the turbo as the vacuum gauge goes from -30 to 0.  My
assumption is the Corvair's boost must be less than the Porsche's boost.

What should I be expecting from my '63 Vair? Is it only obvious at highway
speeds?  Can I get the same result at 3K RPM in any gear?

Glenn in MD.