<VV> Ignition Questions

paulsiano at yahoo.com paulsiano at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 1 11:36:29 EDT 2013

I would like to upgrade to a multispark ignition in my Crown car which is intended for street use.

I am considering units that range in price from $120 - $330.

Is there any real world difference between an analog unit or a digital unit?

Most of the lower end ignition modules loose their multispark ability at about 3,000 rpms.  Is it necessary to spend the extra $$$ for one that generates multiple sparks throughout the full rpm range?

The strength of each spark(s) ranges from 95 mJ to 250 mJ.  Is more always better or can one get too much of a good thing?

Is a "soft stop" rev limiter worth the extra money?

Any and all thoughts will be appreciated.

Paul