<VV> home distributor rebuild?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Sep 2 00:14:39 EDT 2013

If there is slop between the gear and shaft, replace the roll pin. While
the gear is off, check to see that the holes in the gear and shaft are
round.

Use the shop manual for pictures to disassemble the distributor.

More a problem is slop on the bushing/shaft on which the point plate
rotates. This causes all sorts of running issues.

One can rebuild this joint with fuel line brazed in place to act as a
bushing. I do not have pictures of this repair. Dale also had a repair
method and sold a lot of plates.

Frank DuVal