<VV> LED Headlight Conversion

Danny Davis dannydavis at clearwire.net
Mon Sep 2 21:22:57 EDT 2013

I bought an LED replacement Hi/Lo lamp from China.  A couple of 'em
actually.  Just to see what was available.
NOT ready for prime time.  They have nothing more than cones around the
SMLEDs and are useless or worse when it comes to real road lighting.  Never
bothered to install, just lighting them up and looking at their "design"
shows their deficiencies.
Buy some real quality headlights with replaceable halogen bulbs.  I like
Hella, but there is also Cibie,Bosch,etc
Get some brand name units, not the low-buck crap.  You'll be impressed once
they are installed and aimed correctly.
Install with relays for wiring direct to the battery power via the original
headlight wires used as signal wires to the relays.

Dan

--
Danny Davis
Seattle