<VV> Leak at the base of the oil pressure switch

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Sep 3 23:01:53 EDT 2013

I've used teflon (PTFE) tape on oil pressure switches for years. I have
never had one not ground to light the light. Just two wraps of tape is
what I use.

New switches come with PTFE already on the threads.

Good idea to make sure the lamp lights anyway...

BTW, PTFE and other dope works mostly by lubricating the threads so one
can tighten it more. The threads are tapered, so tighter (rotationally)
is tighter (thread gap wise). This explains why never-seized worked for
one user. Of course the filling of the gap with goo helps also, unless
the stuff in the pipe eats the goo!

Gasoila is a very good dope for sealing threads on gasoline and engine
oil tapered pipe fittings. It is NOT for flare or inverted flare
fittings. Nothing is for those!

http://www.gasoila.com/products/pipethreadsealants.html

Frank DuVal