<VV> How long can I run it for?

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Wed Sep 4 14:01:33 EDT 2013

Hi,

I know from experience that running a Corvair motor with a broken belt cause
it to overheat within minutes.

What about running an engine in the car with bottom and top shrouds removed?
I know it would eventually overheat but I was wondering if anybody has done
that and what sort of time frame could I reasonably expect to run it safely.

My reason - I'm trying to track down a small oil leak and with the fan
blowing, oil goes everywhere so I was thinking about running the motor
briefly with top and bottom shrouds off.

Thanks,

Bob