<VV> Looseness in steering column

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Sep 8 00:13:05 EDT 2013

You said:

"I can grab the wheel and move it up and down."

Is this up and down radially out from the shaft or linearly in and out of the column?

The snap ring hold the shaft linearly in place.

The bearings hold the shaft radially in place.

I do not recall any adjustment. If the plastic of the turn signal switch breaks, then the snap ring and the bearing will not be held properly.

Frank DuVal