<VV> Oil Pan Gasket Materials

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Sep 14 14:42:52 EDT 2013

It depends a little on your pan. If you are using a stock steel pan - and
if it is still flat on the contact face, I suggest the cork/rubber
composite.  That may be the super-Cork you described from Clarks. I have gotten them
from  Corvair Underground in the past. I also suggest this type of material
for valve  covers. My opinion - you will get others - silicone material
isn't the best for  constant oil contact.

-Seth Emerson

In a message dated 9/14/2013 7:56:19 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,