<VV> sick 64 again

Danny Davis dannydavis at clearwire.net
Sun Sep 15 16:57:27 EDT 2013

The ignition coil + terminal should have around 6 volts when the key is in
the on position and will have full 12 volts when cranking over.
I like to test the points and the voltage together quickly with a test
light.  clip the ground side to the - terminal and then touch the probe to
the + terminal while someone is cranking the car.  You should get a
flashing light  showing that the points are grounding and that voltage is
present on the + side of the coil when cranking - with fuel in the carbs
and a pump or two it should start if th timing is set correctly.

If it starts and then quits when the key is released - you've likely got an
"open" in the resistor wire.

Let us know what you find.

Dan

--