<VV> Stuck Corvair

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sat Sep 21 09:22:23 EDT 2013

VVers:

I wrote a few days ago concerning things to do to prepare a car that has
not been on the road in two years.  Many of you were kind enough to
reply on an offline with answers.  I will say thanks offline in a little
while.

I just went to push the car out of the garage to get it prepped to mist
the cylinders, etc. only to discover that I believe the parking brakes
are frozen.  The lever releases and makes the proper ratcheting noises
in and out, but the shoes seem locked.

What is the recommended next step?  Pull it out with a winch and hope
that the seal breaks?  Something else?

Any help would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Steven J. Serenska
'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4, stuck
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4, awaiting a new exhaust system