<VV> Stuck Corvair

tkalp at cox.net tkalp at cox.net
Sat Sep 21 11:13:04 EDT 2013

Had to deal with one of these recently and this was my approach.  Jack up each wheel and see what ones are not turning.  When you run into an non-rotating wheel, remove the wheel and tire, then massage the brake drum with a substantial hammer and try to work the brake drum in and out and around.  In my situation the shoes had stuck to the drums and a little manipulation got things rolling again.   Once things are turning you may want to pull the drums off and check for rust.  Good Luck.

T. Kalp
Wichita, KS