<VV> Question about Turbo fuel return

G Monrad mgparts at comcast.net
Sat Sep 21 20:31:01 EDT 2013

I just pulled the fuel tank from my newly purchased 63 Spyder.  The car had
sat since 1986. And the old fuel had gone very bad.  There were pin holes in
the tank.  Upon removal, I found that the fuel return from the Turbo fuel
filter to the tank was not part of the fuel filler pipes.

Question - is it worth changing to the later fuel return design to avoid
heat-soak?

Also, what after-market fuel filter can be used that has the excess fuel
return and the fuel supply to the carb?  Can a tee be used at the filter?

Glenn Monrad