<VV> 1960 Corvair problems?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 17:37:39 EDT 2013

Hi guys.

We are now shopping for a new EM coupe for Missy and she likes the look of
the 1960 model best. If a later model engine is used in a 1960 how many
quirks remain that could prove annoying in maintaining the car as a daily
driver (on the cheap!)?

I'm trying to talk her into buying a 61-64 instead and told her that we
could pick up a 1960 front panel and have it welded in to give the the look
she wants (note that this car will be very custom anyway).   Note that
Missy is not concerned with any of the other features or trim unique to the
1960 model, only the cave nose and 1960 front emblem.

I hope this doesn't stir up a battle between those who like the 60 models
and those who don't, I just want the relevant facts to help us make an
informed decision.

Ray and Missy