<VV> Reliability, etc. of a turbo; was: Corvair Classic

Carlton Smith carlton55 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 27 11:41:12 EDT 2013

As a daily driver in the non-snow and salt months I would say the YH can be a little fussy. But usually not once rebuilt and set correctly. The only pain is the ethanol here in Indiana! After about 4 years it will harden the accelerator pump diaphragm enough that it quits working worth a damn. Then they become a hesitating pain in the "A" quickly. Replace the accelerator pump diaphragm and all is well again.

Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN
Circle City Corvairs Club, Prez.
65 Corsa Convertible turbo