<VV> Turbo's

ricebugg at comcast.net ricebugg at comcast.net
Sat Sep 28 10:47:21 EDT 2013

All:  They told him not to buy a turbo...so they could.

Corvair turbo's were part of the sporty/performance image Chevy was creating in response to demand for more stop-light racing.  In normal driving, you probably cannot tell the difference beween it and any other Corvair.  In abnormal  - aka fun driving - you have to anticipate the need so the boost is there when you want to go.  It is a matter of timing.  Your's, not the cars.  Kinda like the EM's brakes: fine for normal driving, but if you are going really use them, you had better be thinking about when and where. and how hard and how often.

My experience is turbos are no more trouble than any other Corvair.  Just different.

And yes, I had a LM turbo.

Historically Yours,
                     James Rice

Message: 2Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 10:50:09 -0400 (EDT)From: wrsssatty at aol.comSubject: ; was: Corvair ClassicTo: virtualvairs at corvair.orgCorvair Classic http://www.motortrend.com/classic/features/13q1_affordable_classic_1964_chevrolet_corvair_convertible/The article said:  <Many owners suggested I avoid buying a turbo. (The Corvair was one of the first mainstream production cars to offer a blower.) As one put it, "That thing will run great once, and then you spend the entire summer trying to get it to run like that again." >I've never owned a turbo. What's the general consensus out there? Was the advice given the author of the article correct?~Bill Stanley