<VV> Was Reliability, etc. of a turbo; now gyro effect

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Sun Sep 29 16:49:33 EDT 2013

Ray,

You neglected to consider the gyro effect of the motor, fans,  etc.

When the horizontal lateral rotation of the turbo and  alternator (and
especially a generator) interacts with the vertical gyro effects  of the motor's
fan/pulley assembly and then add in the horizontal fore/aft  effects of the
vent/heat/AC fan/squirrel cage and the fore/aft effect of  the crank/cam
shafts then consider the gyro effects of the four turning  wheels/tires/drums
and then all those spinning parts in the  transaxle/clutch/flywheel assembly
.... Wow, it makes my head spin .... pun  intended.  You should see the odd
gyro induced motions my spinning head has  when I nod.  I look like a
dashboard bobble head on a bumpy road.  Is  there a Brad Pitt look-alike bobble
head?  :-)

Of course there are no disruptive forces on the horizontal  gyros until you
make a sharp turn so lets add that event and there are no  disruptive
forces on the vertical gyro and some horizontal gyros until you tilt  the car
fore/aft and/or side-to-side so lets introduce a braking and  curb jumping
event too.  A sharp turn combined with an inside  curve curb jump is when the
gyros will flip you over like a  flapjack.  .... and no, before someone asks,
you can't get flapjacks at  your FLAPS.  (... to my knowledge.)

Hmmmm .... am I forgetting something in this flippin'  equation?  Probably,
but my head is still spinning from all that gyro  stuff.  :-)

Kidding aside, I have worked on Flywheel Energy Storage  Systems (FESS)
intended for on-the-road use, among numerous other  applications.  Believe me,
those suckers have some very, very serious  gyro/inertia effects that must
be taken into account.

In at least one project, the gyro/inertial effects of a  flywheel were
necessary in the application.

Doc

1960 Corvette, 1961 Rampside, 1962 Rampside, 1964 Spyder  coupe, 1965
Greenbrier, 1966 Canadian Corsa turbo coupe, 1967 Nova SS, 1968  Camaro ragtop

In a message dated 9/29/2013 9:00:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

Message:  1