<VV> Turbos / OverHeating

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Sep 30 12:00:17 EDT 2013

I was pulling Afton Mountain in 4th gear with four people in the car.

The previous owner had wired the oil pressure and temperature switches
wrong, so the buzzer only buzzed for low oil pressure (every time I started
the car), and the temperature switch did not light the light (wire was not
on the switch!). I corrected these issues after this incident, which was in
the first month or so of ownership.

One perosn in the back seat heard the pinging and alerted me. Top down, 60
mph, lots of wind noise. And that was back in my 20s when I could actually
hear.

Frank DuVal

Original email: