<VV> wiring and lighting comments and question

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Mon Sep 30 17:42:36 EDT 2013

I just had some fun fixing a lighting problem -
The left rear brake light and tail light were lighting the same bulb
filament.
I'm still not 100% sure which of my changes fixed it, but one thing I found:
The taillight assembly consists of an aluminum body and a steel socket
swedged (sp?) to it.
To a  casual inspection, it seemed ok. A quick resistance test looked ok.
Upon closer inspection, there was 30-40 Ohms resistance between the
housing and the socket.
I drilled a couple of holes and put pop-rivets in to bridge the socket
and the housing.
That, and fixing some ugliness at the turn signal switch cleared up the
funky signalling issue.

Question: The various GM plastic connector assemblies can get old and
crummy - is there a  source for replacement connector pieces? The
connectors will come out of the connector body easily enough - it would
sure be nice to have a bunch of those on hand.

Cheers
Jay

--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans