<VV> mig welders

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Fri Aug 1 12:45:08 EDT 2014

My Mig is 220 volt, so not portable unless there is a plug nearby.
My son brought over his cheap "harbor freight" portable flux 110 welder to
weld my front porch railing because I couldn't reach it with mine, and the
railing was cemented in.

It worked, but was relatively new.
Cost around $100
He said it is disposable, use it until it breaks and throw it away.
He likes mine much better.

Got insurance for the lightning strike?
A couple years ago a friend of mine's house got hit.
Fried everything that was plugged in.
And he was properly grounded.
>From coffee pots to wall clocks, garage door openers, 2 TV's, 2 computers,
and most of the wiring in the house.
Insurance replaced everything with new, minus his deductible. But he had the
good coverage.
Funny, they insisted on fixing his one old TV which was a projection unit.
By the time they were done they could have bought him 2 new flat screen
TV's.

Depending on your deductible, your welder should be covered.

Gary Swiatowy

Subject: <VV> mig welders

We had a lightening strike here a couple of weeks ago that took out a bunch
of electronics. I discover today that my MIG welder is also a victim.

Anybody have a recommendation on a relitevely inexpensive unit? Nothing
fancy; I don't do anything thicker than 1/8".

Are these flux welders Harbor Freight unit any good?

Harry Yarnell

Perryman Garage &

Orphanage

harryyarnell at verizon.net