<VV> PG Leak

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Sun Aug 3 11:09:40 EDT 2014

Sounds like your leak is coming from the shifter cable.  The plastic gets old and brittle and cracks somewhere around the "crimp" from the continual flexing.
Since I drive my car every day, I've been reluctant to worry about fixing mine.  As it lets a little fluid leak out at a time,  when it's leaked down to the add mark, I put in the needed pint.
This way, the PG gets a new pint of ATF every now and then.  The only drawback is if I let it sit for more than a day or two I get a good sized puddle underneath.
So, I've accepted the fact that every now and then I have to wipe up the garage floor every now and then.  To me, a small price to pay to slowly add new fluid to the PG.

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
'63 ragtop 110/pg
'65 Monza 84/pg
'60 700 4dr '64' 110/4spd