<VV> Why caveman?

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 17:02:50 EDT 2014

I just reached out to larry claypool whose reply seems to indicate that he is taking credit for coining the term and tends to corroborate my opinion of the reasons behind the choice of term. If anyone has a contrary opinion that seems to have validity, let's hear it. Here's larry's response: <I used caveman in reference to the earliest of the species. Nothing to do with the front body panel.

Yeah, I guess I did put that term out there….

Cheers

lc>

~Bill StanleyAnyone know who coined the term "caveman" to refer to owners of 1960 Corvairs and why?  I just always assumed that it was because the '60s were the first, like cavemen were the first humans, and '60s were rather primitive compared to later Corvairs.  Today, however, I was speaking to someone who said it was because the '60s had conCAVE front ends.  What's the consensus out there?  Can we go straight to the source and confirm?  Who first said it?  Pete Koehler, perhaps?

~Bill Stanley>